Thursday, October 13, 2016

More reflections

Well it's been a while since I posted about Mom, but there's not a day that goes by when I don't think about her.  Mostly in the morning when I look in the mirror and see those wrinkles and lines and I think that I look more like her everyday.  Especially when I put on lipstick.  I hold my mouth the same way she did - I guess because I watched her often.

I found a snipet video yesterday that she made the last time that we were in Florida with Lisa and Kay.  I also came across one she made when we were coming home from rehab just a week before she left us.  I came across these notes, quickly jotted down during the last time we traveled to Chandler Springs together:

It was late one night and it was coming a storm. Momo woke us all up to head for the cellar, but Grace would not get up and refused to get out of bed. Lucille was crying and said "Mama, make her go!"  Grace said she wasn't going, so Momo said, "Just leave her!".  The storm passed and Grace was fine.

Also, Grace had curly hair when she was young and all the others had straight hair.  She wanted straight hair so bad, that she hid under the porch and cut all her hair off because she wanted to be like every one else.

That's about all I have today, but the memories live on with me and are most precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment