Monday, August 26, 2013

Momo Powers

On August 8, 1889, one hundred and twenty four years ago, my grandmother, Annie Lola Horn Powers, was born. I am remembering my "Momo" days of walks on the mountain, gathering moss for the big tree by her back door, digging worms for fishing, and most of all her cinnamon toast. I am thankful for the rich inheritance of caring for others, strength in adversity, and faith in Christ which Momo entrusted to me and all of her family.

fishing at Horn's Lake  early 1960's



Momo and Grandpa  early 1940's




Momo Knew trees and plants because her aunt married Dr Jordan who took her with him and taught her herbs and trees. Folks used to call her for baby delivery in case the dr didn't get there. 

Molly Kirk was her favorite aunt. 

Used to pick "squirrel ears" for salve




No comments:

Post a Comment