Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Climber

One day, mom missed me and couldn't find me. I was crawling, so I was less than a year old.  She looked everywhere. She would call me and I would grunt, so she knew I was somewhere.  She walked into the living room and looked up and I was sitting on top of the upright piano. She had no idea how I got up there. It's a wonder that I hadn't fallen!  However, my love of climbing continued.  When I was about 3, Daddy was fixing the roof of the house.  I called his name and he looked around and saw me at the top of the ladder.  Mom said it nearly scared him to death!  Being a country girl, climbing must have been in my blood.  My favorite memory of a young girl in Chandler Springs was climbing our plum tree and eating plums to my heart's content.  I also liked to climb the chinaberry tree next to it.  My climbing continued to Coleman Drive where I spent many days at the top of the pine tree in our back yard and in the mimosa in the front!




No comments:

Post a Comment